So … any Reading Resolutions? Say, specific books you plan to read? A plan to read more ____? Anything at all?
Name me at least ONE thing you’re looking forward to reading this year!
No real resolutions, aren't reading challenges enough of a plan? I think so. If anything, I'm going to read less books that are classic or only just to fit a challenge. It has to be a book I really want to read. For example, I thought I wanted to read Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood, but after seeing a few lukewarm reviews and remembering how much I was neutral to The Blind Assassin, I am not planning to read it. Plus it looks really long and weirdly dystopian.
- There are lots of books I am looking forward to, particularly:
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
- another book by Douglas Coupland, probably Girlfriend in a Coma
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- one of John Green's books: An Abundance of Katherines or Looking for Alaska
- another Stewart O'Nan book: Last Night at the Lobster or Songs for the Missing
- plus all the books on my TBR Lite list
Hosted at its new home: Wendi's Book Corner
Today's question: Here is a list of the main areas of Library Thing:
1. Home (http://www.librarything.com/, before you log in)
2. Home (once you log in, contains Your Home, Your Profile, Connections, Recommendations, Reviews, Statistics, Clouds, Gallery, Memes)
3. Profile (Recent activity, tags, comments, members with your books)
4. Your Library
5. Your Tags
6. Add Books
11. Zeitgeist (Stats, Top Lists)
12. Tools (Widgets, Store)
What area are you most familiar with? Since I leave myself logged in, my home page- #2 is my most familiar place. It leads me to Groups- #8, and Search- #10, and My Library- #4.
What area is your favorite?
I am quite enjoying Groups these days, and participating in some groups, meeting some interesting people. Tags are amzing if you start to spend some time there and really utilize them.
What area are you curious about?
I think I've browsed around quite a bit, and investigated Tools, Blog, and Zeitgeist, which are all available on My Home.
Are there any that you have not really looked at? Not really.